I've been at home the past couple of weeks dealing with a chronic sinus issue. In the past I've turned to nasal sprays and Claritin. There's nothing wrong with that. But this time I had a sense that something more was trying to happen.
I decided to work with Ayurvedic treatments with the guidance and support of Indu Arora and avoid taking 'Over the Counter' medication . . .
. . . This wasn't an easy task - I had a lot of resistance!
* Being Sick
* Not taking 'Over the Counter' medication - the temptation was great - especially when it was so difficult to breath!
* Not being able to breathe deeply
* Not being able to teach my yoga and fitness classes
* Not sleeping . . . .
* The list goes on and on and on . . .
Gradually I had the realization that this was my practice!
"RELEASE THE RESISTANCE"
In releasing the resistance I was able to reach out for help and then I started to heal! My help came in many forms:
1. Hypnotherapy with Victoria Putman: A recurring fear through this process has been a sense of suffocation with not being able to breathe easily. My session with Vicki helped me get clear about the source of this fear.
2. IV Therapy with Stephanie Grutz: I had a customized intravenous (IV) vitamin therapy to help support and heal my body.
3. Spiritual / Psychic Support from my beautiful sister-in-law, who also happens to be called Julia Theisen :) She helped me to understand that this physical process was a spiritual shift and helped me to relax into this.
4. Acupuncture with Joel Thielen: I had one session with Joel and he reassured me that just the one session would open up my sinuses - and it did!
5. Insight Timer App - at the peak of discomfort - when I would wake at night every hour or so - I had my headphones and Insight Timer ready to guide me through meditations such as 'Third Eye Chakra Clearing' and 'Yoga Nidra for Sleep'. This was empowering and healing.
This has been a life lesson. I'm breathing more deeply and easily. And - I'm feeling my true power (as Abraham Hicks says).
My true power has revealed itself in many ways:
Letting the tears flow as old, unexpected griefs rise to the surface.
Feeling tremendous gratitude every time I breathe through my nose!
Valuing and loving myself enough to take the time to HEAL!
Using the incredible resources in my community to support my healing.
The freedom I feel in my heart from LETTING GO!